Meet MJSB Professionals
BREE JOHNSON, Managing PARTNER
After more than a decade in the legal industry and BigLaw firms, attorney and activist Bree Johnson saw an opportunity to do more for employees who are mistreated in the workplace with a career move to representing employees and plaintiffs. Bree brings a unique, client-centered philosophy to the way she practices law. Her uncommon business perspective after working in corporate and BigLaw firms for more than 10 years enables her to know firsthand how large employers are likely to act and respond following harassment, wrongful termination or discrimination claims and to anticipate their moves. Bree is a fierce advocate for her clients and works tirelessly to alleviate her client’s burden and stress during tough times.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law – Employee
- Workplace Sexual Harassment & Assault
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Non-Profit & Board Governance
- Employment Law – Employer Trainings
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Trauma-Informed Advocate
- WoMN ACT™, Board of Directors
- National Lawyers Guild
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Legal Project Manager
- Handled severance negotiations for a long-term employee terminated following a M&A transaction, resulting in substantially increased severance settlement for the client.
- Advocated on behalf of client to utilize a restorative mediation process between an executive and the Board of Directors to successfully resolve all claims including discrimination, defamation and harassment.
- Represented a startup non-profit in its first year including establishing its 501(c)(3) status as a tax-exempt organization and counseled the nonprofit on employment, nonprofit and business law issues during its Venture Capital funding season.
- Favorably settled a client’s claims of race discrimination with the client’s former employer.
- Trauma Informed Advocate, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Hamline University School of Law, cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, magna cum laude