Meet MJSB Professionals
ROSS STADHEIM, PARTNER
Tenacious. Resolute. Results-oriented. Ross Stadheim brings these qualities and more to each and every case.
Early on in law school, Ross discovered his true passion — the plaintiff side of employment law. Embracing a chance to make a meaningful difference, he never looked back. Through 2022, Ross has garnered over $30 million in settlements and verdicts for his clients over the past 11 years. From 2014 through 2021, he has been part of an elite group of just 2.5% of Minnesota attorneys under 40 years old to be selected to the Super Lawyers list as a “Rising Star.” In 2022, he became eligible for and was selected to the regular the Minnesota Super Lawyer’s list for attorneys who have been practicing for 10 years or more.
Ross has quickly built a reputation as a skilled, savvy attorney with an exceptional record of recovery for his clients. Of the 202 cases he has had in his 11 years of practice, all but eight have resulted in recovery—a 96% success rate. These impressive past results, however, provide no guarantee of success because all cases are judged on their individual merits.
Recognizing the emotional magnitude of wrongfully losing a job and the momentous task of suing an employer, Ross takes pride in making every effort to keep his clients informed and reassured. Picking up the phone, sending the additional email — whatever it takes — he is committed to a transparent, trustworthy client relationship. Whether an employee has experienced discrimination, retaliation, or wrongful termination, Ross is pragmatic and pursues all resolution options. Failing that, he doesn’t hesitate to go to trial. Clients are well-served by Ross’ determination and steadfast commitment to seek employment justice.
- $480,000 settlement in a contract dispute involving executives in the technology industry
- $500,000 settlement in a whistleblower case involving the medical device industry
- $900,000 settlement in a whistleblower and discrimination case involving a physician
- $1 million settlement in a whistleblower case involving the food processing industry
- $1.35 million settlement in a sexual assault case involving a professional athlete
- $1.5 million settlement in a discrimination case involving the medical device industry
- $1.55 million settlement in a whistleblower case involving the medical device industry
- $2 million settlement in a discrimination case involving c-suite executives in the insurance industry
- $6 million settlement in a sexual assault case involving c-suite executives at a fortune 500 company
- Weber vs. Minnesota School of Business d/b/a Globe University. $1.1 million dollar jury verdict in Washington County, Minnesota, inclusive of attorneys’ fees, for a wrongfully-terminated manager that blew the whistle on her employer in this Minnesota Whistleblower Act case. Successfully defended that verdict against the company’s appeals in the Minnesota Court of Appeals after the verdict was handed down.
- Messina vs. North Central Distributing, Inc., d/b/a Yosemite Home Décor. Successfully defended an appeal from the district court’s decision to deny the company’s Motion to Compel Arbitration in the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. Also successfully defended against the company’s Motion for Summary Judgment in the main breach of an employment contract case, which means that the court denied the company’s motion to dismiss the case.
- Harwell vs. Tousley Motorsports, Inc. Successfully defended against the company’s Motion for Summary Judgment in this Minnesota Whistleblower Act wrongful termination case where the employee allegedly reported to his boss and the police that a co-worker had choked him during work hours.
- Barnhart vs. Regions Hospital. Successfully defended against the hospital’s Motion for Summary Judgment against all four counts in this Minnesota Human Rights Act / Family and Medical Leave Act wrongful termination case, where the disabled, terminated employee had asked for, but was denied, reasonable accommodations after an FMLA leave.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota. J.D. – 2011
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. B.A. – 2008